Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oops.

So, I found a youtube channel that does only 10 minute workouts, which is great for me. That's about all the time I can get to myself to exercise. And when I say to myself, I still have Jack tackling me every time I'm on the floor, Cyrus tugging at my leg, trying to stand up.

Monday, I did a 10 minute Jackie Warner work out. The UFC's are tough! Tuesday, I decided to push myself and do a leg only work out. I had watched it prior to doing it, and I felt prepared. I thought that it would be tough, but not so much as to leave me incapable of walking. So I did it. It was a good workout for my atrophied leg muscles. I got through without any immediate problems.

Fast forward a couple hours. I started to feel a little tight in my lower back, but no biggie. At bedtime, I was feeling it. Hurt to bend over, hurt to pick up Cyrus. Crap. I had done it again.

I am notorious for working out too hard. The first time I started going to a gym when I was 21, I managed, with the help of a trainer, to tear so many muscle fibers that my armed swelled to the point of being unable to wear a long sleeved shirt. I ended up going to the doctor because I couldn't bend my arm.

When I was 25, I did it again. Only this time I did it in a weight lifting class. I loved Body Pump, but not after that first class. I wasn't using correct form when doing squats, needless to say, I also wasn't used to doing squats, period. Later that day, I was feeling it. The next day, I couldn't walk. I did it again.

So today. Here I am again. Only this time I did it to my back. You would think that a 30 year old woman would be able to recognize injurious exercises. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to pick up my kid without fear of dropping him when my back seizes up.

4 comments:

  1. That must be awful. I hope you mend quickly- I'm sure the boys are going easy on you in the meantime, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's been a walk in the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, Sarah! GIRL, get you some correct form! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idee about these previous injuries. You may need massage.

    ReplyDelete