Saturday, September 1, 2012

Update

I realized earlier this week that I had missed my Sunday weigh in. Part of it was accidental, but part of it was intentional. I did really forget on Sunday, but chose to ignore it Monday. I didn't have a great week. I failed to have food ready for me at meal times, which resulted in eating too many seeds and nuts and I ate too many border foods. By border, I mean that while the foods are vegan, they may have possessed too much oil, or the food was a little too processed.

I also had my plate full getting ready for Sam's Remission Party. Friday, I spent the day making three chocolate cakes. Me deciding to make these cakes is like putting an alcoholic in charge mixing drinks at a party. It was hard, but I didn't eat too much of it. The frosting was a completely different story. Chocolate mousse frosting from The Joy of Cooking. This is quite possibly the best frosting. Ever. I didn't have any until after I was done frosting the cakes, and then the shoveling commenced. I just couldn't help myself. I had tried so hard to resist, but I knew how good this frosting was, and I knew how much I liked it. So I had some. Then some more. And then some more.

I didn't have time to eat lunch, so I ended up eating two small pieces of pizza at Plan B after I had my head shaved. Oh, yeah, my head is shaved now. It's pretty much the best decision I've ever made. I digress. Anyway...

So, I have been losing weight and inches. I'm fitting into my clothes that I wore before I had Cy. I've got a little more that 15 pounds left until I meet my goal weight. I'm feeling really happy about this. Progress is the best motivating factor. I want to keep up the pace that I've started.

So, tomorrow will be my weigh in and my adventures in Highland County.

3 comments:

  1. I understand about that frosting - it was so good, I could have eaten an entire bowl of it!

    I can only imagine the reception your shaved head got in Highland County. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah to Lucy's comment!

    I think the best thing in regards to good eating habits is having food made ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I still can't figure out why Claire's name comes up in my email account..

    ReplyDelete