Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday weigh in

178! I'm so relieved to be out of the 180's. I've met my first goal, which was to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight with Cyrus. Now, I'm ready to move onto my next goal, which is 165. This is what I weighed when I got pregnant with Jack.

I want to start really exercising. I need to do something for myself. I feel like I've been giving so much to the kids, Jack in particular lately, that I need to do something just for myself. I've thought about running, but I'm so out of shape that I feel like I need to exercise my way to some kind of endurance before I can even entertain the idea of running. Besides, if I want to run, I've got to take both kids with me in the double stroller. That's a lot of extra weight, and Timberville is loaded with hills and we live at the top of one of the steepest. So, basically I need to exercise in order to exercise.

I have happily fitting back into pre-pregnancy jeans. I feel like a whole world of clothes has been opened to me. I'm donating my post pregnancy jeans and shirts to Gift and Thrift this week. I don't ever want to be that size again.

So, goal for this week: exercise, in any form I can get it. I'm going to try and make all my food for the week today. And Jack. Lord. I need to do something. He's intense. I love him so much, but there are times when I am just overwhelmed by frustration. I'm trying to parent peacefully, but he sees right through me! He's a smart kid, and when his mind is made up, it's hard to convince him to change it. And I'm not talking about anything unrealistic. I'm just asking him to get dressed, or eat or drink. I do know that things will get better soon. They have to.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Sarah! Go you! And hey, have you looked into the Couch to 5K program? Matt used it to start running, and swears by it.

    As far as Jack goes . . . . I'm right there in the trenches with you, sis. It does get better. Before you know it, Cy will be at an age where he and Jack can play together, and it will actually get easier because they will entertain one another! But I hear you, and I know how you feel. <3 you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, you've inspired me. Enough sulking and moaning about my weight and how much of it I've gained this year. I'm going to actually do something about it and I'm going to DEFINITELY try some of your recipes. I love love love soup and I can't wait to make the squash one you posted.
    Just wanna say, I admire you--it takes guts to talk openly about this stuff and to post your weight for the world to see. I'm glad you're doing it :)Thanks for motivating me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah. I've toyed around with the idea of semi-public weigh ins for a while, but never really had the nerve.

    ReplyDelete