Friday, September 7, 2012

Fresh skin!

Since I've got some seriously short hair now, my skin is really on display. I realized that I no longer have the skin of a 22 year old, and I need to start taking care of it if I want to continue to look awesome as I get older. I've been looking for homemade facial scrubs. I refuse to add yet another container of something to our bathroom. We've got way too much as it is.

So I searched a number of times, and finally found one that I like on a blog called Crunchy Betty. I juiced a lemon, added a lot of white sugar, and scrubbed. Not only was it incredibly tasty, it actually worked! I ran into the living room and had Brad feel my face because it was so smooth. I'm still rubbing my chin today.

I had a good bit of the scrub leftover, so I stuck it in the fridge to keep the fruit flies out. This morning, I added some olive oil to it, and used it as a body scrub in the shower. Again, fantastic skin lay under my much neglected skin.

So instead of spending an arm and a leg on two separate facial and body scrubs, I used one lemon, several tablespoons of white sugar, and a little olive oil and I now have some fresh skin to show the world. Score 1 for frugality!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Crunchy Betty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I did this wrong--I think I must have added a half cup of sugar and all I got was syrup...?? More sugar? It does taste good though :)

    ReplyDelete