Sunday, September 16, 2012

What am I eating?

Ok, for those of you wondering what on earth I'm eating, here's are links to some recipes that I'm using.

Acorn squash and Apple Soup
African Kale and Yam Soup
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Homemade Lara Bars
Raw Avocado Lime Pie
Quiche with Greens

The squash soup is insanely easy and delicious. Even Cyrus was grabbing to have some more off the spoon. The African Kale and Yam soup is also easy and very flavorful. The coffee cake smelled so good while baking and was extremely tasty. I found my homemade Lara bars to be by far superior to the commercially made ones.

The lime pie deserves its own paragraph. Holy cow. It was so delicious. It takes some time to prep as zesting 10 limes isn't a quick chore, but the pay off is amazing. Even Brad was asking for more. Jack informed me that he didn't want to eat it. I asked why, and he said that he doesn't eat green things. I reminded him that he loves broccoli and lime flavored things. He thought for a minute, and then told me that he likes those things, but he doesn't like green pie. I couldn't help but chuckle.


I really enjoyed the quiche. It started my day off right with lots of kale, and it really stuck with me. What is doubly awesome about it is that it too is insanely easy to make.

So this is proof that I'm eating way more than simple baby carrots and celery sticks.


No comments:

Post a Comment