Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday weigh in and Highland County

181. I'll take it. I wish it were a little less, but a month ago, I could only dream of fitting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.

Highland County. Oh, geez. There is no way in hell I would want to live back there right now. There's nothing there! I would go absolutely stir crazy. Maybe if I were a retiree, I would feel differently, but for now, I would view it as a prison. It's at least 45 minutes to a grocery store. There's a Family Dollar there, and that's about it. Even McDonald's hasn't made an appearance yet.

So, my bald head and I arrived Thursday afternoon. The apartment was nice, but water pressure was non-existent. Thankfully, I had a bald head. We went to the fair grounds and boy did I draw stares! And I decided that I was going to stare down everyone who stared at me. It was kind of nice to be so confrontational. I'm normally trying to make sure that people like me, but I can't say I tried to do that this weekend.

Another thing I noticed is that there was not one baby being held. Everyone pushed strollers. I can't understand why some people think that pushing a stroller through gravel is easier than just carrying your baby. There was also a lot of stellar parenting on display as well. I felt sorry for these little kids that were constantly being yelled at and having arms yanked.

Jack loved, loved, loved the demolition derby. He stayed there watching it until 10:30 or so. Brad said he was completely captivated by it. Thanks to our friend, Rachel Chavez, Jack had proper ear protection and was able to enjoy it without being deafened.

Maybe next year Brad will take just Jack and it will be a special weekend for just them. I can't say that I want to go back. The highlight of the whole trip for me was on the trip back. We stopped at the top of the mountain and hiked around the Confederate breastworks. We all had a great time.We need to hunt up some more kid friendly hiking paths. Jack walked the whole thing. Next time, I will make sure to put Cy on my back as opposed to my front. I thought my back was going to break.

All in all, not a bad week.

No comments:

Post a Comment