Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sad trombone and fanfare!

Oof! It's been a rough week. Jack has really been struggling here at home with some on going challenges, and I don't think I've been handling it well. In fact, I feel like I've used every possible tool at my disposal and I'm still coming up short. I will be in the midst of trying to handle the situation, and while I'm dealing with it, I'll be thinking, "You're messing this all up. Everything about what you're doing right now is terribly wrong," My sister, Abbey, says it's paralysis by analysis. Yup. I feel so much pressure to handle this situation correctly. I've read the books. I know what to say and what not to say. I feel like his lack of success is a reflection of my parenting. I'm the one who's a real failure here, not Jack.

So, Brad and I have decided to reach out and seek some professional advice. I got a name from a friend tonight. She works with kids. Her daughter has special needs, which makes me more comfortable about her level of sensitivity to kids. I hope that she, as an outsider, will be able to look at the situation with fresh eyes and give me some insight that I just don't have right now.

On a completely different note, it's just over one month until my 31st birthday. My goal of reaching 165 by then is still attainable. I weighed in today at 175. Yes, I've gained a little bit, but I'm not feeling daunted. I will be fit and fabulous for my birthday. I just need to stop making tasty little baked goodies. I need to find something to do in the afternoon that I find entertaining.

Now, I just need to decide if I feel like having a birthday party for myself.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm.. what else does this sister Abbey say? She sounds very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you're already fabulous. :)

    Let me know how it goes w/ talking to the therapist. I feel like we're nearly at the end of our rope, too.

    ReplyDelete