Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Long overdue!

So, several weeks have gone by without me updating my blog, so here's what I can remember that's worth blogging about.

My experiment with not stepping on the scale has not gone well. I'm still hovering at 173-174. I do not do well with not weighing in apparently. So, starting tomorrow, I'm restarting my habit of weighing in every day. I want to be back at 165 by my 31st birthday, which is December 4th. I'm so close, I don't want to lose the momentum that I've had.

A good friend of mine commented on how good I'm looking these days, and it gave me pause. I am actually enjoying picking out clothes to wear, and the best part is that I emotionally feel better. I feel like my mind is clearer, and I feel like the emotional fog that I was in the first six months after Cy was born has lifted. I don't feel sad, or overwhelmed by daily life. Do I still get frustrated? Definitely. But I'm getting over it faster now, and when I'm responsible for the welfare of two small children, it's beneficial for all.

I actually have nothing but positive stuff to say about Jack right now. We've finally gotten his digestive issues taken care of. Thank you, Natural Calm. He's been fun to be around again, and I know that our good moods feed off each other. He's sleeping better at night again. He's had rotten luck with sleep since that enormous storm came through the end of June, and Brad's been incredibly patient with him, sleeping either in his twin bed with him, or on the floor.

Wow. I just feel really good, and it feels great to really mean it.

1 comment: