Monday, July 30, 2012

A long week and weekly weigh in

I tried posting all last week, and it just wasn't happening. My week started out well enough. Monday, I was able to exercise and take the boys for a walk that morning. Tuesday, more exercise. I felt good. I don't remember what happened Wednesday. I think that was the day things started to fall apart. I was really tired. Cy hasn't been sleeping because he's teething. Jack was just kind of crabby. I think now he wasn't feeling the best. Friday, it was official. I was sick. I couldn't get anything done. I attempted to fold laundry. Nope, not happening. Nap was a bust. The days that I need to nap the most seem to be the days when Cyrus needs them the least.

 I was desperate for rest. I finally showered around 1, which is really late for me. I was hoping that I could lay down on the couch with Cy during his next nap while Jack watched some TV. Mom came over, helped me out, and as soon as Cy fell asleep, I went upstairs and laid down. I slept a little over an hour. I felt marginally better when I woke up and we decided to go to Plan B for the WMRA fundraiser they were doing. I was miserable. Body aches, exhaustion, no appetite. Cyrus was screaming from teething pain and being overwhelmed from the sheer amount of humanity packed in there. I felt bad asking to leave because Jack was actually playing well with some other kids and Brad was having fun talking to new people.

I went to bed, hoping to feel better the next morning. I didn't. Saturday dragged by until naptime. I felt a lot better when I woke up. I felt good enough to go to the Fulks Run Lawn Party...until we actually got there. Body aches came back with a vengeance. All the food looked gross and all I wanted to do was go home, but Jack was all excited about going on some rides. I toughed it out for a while, but the heat made the body aches worse, so I went and sat in the car, leaving both boys with Brad. I sat in the air conditioning, unable to get comfortable. I looked up to see Brad and the boys headed my way. Jack had changed his mind about the rides. I felt hugely responsible for his change in plans. We went home and I laid down on the couch to get some more rest.

The fever finally broke in the middle of the night. I felt basically good all day. Then I realized I had a plugged milk duct. So, I massaged and nursed on that side all day, hoping that I got it before it was too late.

I didn't get to do my weigh in this morning due to not feeling well. I'm back down to 192.4. I want to lose 2 pounds this week. Hopefully the pressure of publicly broadcasting my weight will encourage me. Hopefully I'll get back into exercising this week. Hopefully I'm the only one to get sick. Hopefully Cy's teeth break through soon. Hopefully I'll blog more than once this week.

1 comment:

  1. Those weeks are the worst, sis. I hope Cy's teeth break through soon, and he doesn't catch what you had. And seriously, plugged milk duct on top of everything else?! Jeepers.

    Love you.

    BTW, can you take the word verification off of commenting? Fanks, sis.

    ReplyDelete